It is my honour to serve as President of the Canadian Association of Physicists, Canada’s national voice promoting physics research and education across the country. The CAP runs a wide array of programs fostering interaction among physics researchers, students and educators […] Read More.
The Canadian Association of Physicists (CAP) is the voice of Canadian physics. The CAP is dedicated to highlighting achievements in Canadian physics and pursuing scientific, educational, public policy and communication initiatives that enhance the vitality of physics and physicists in Canada.
The CAP represents more than 1,700 physicists working in academia, government and industry. Incorporated as a non-profit organization in 1945, we provide leadership to the Canadian physics community through:
- celebrating Canadian physics achievements
- informing members and the public of developments in the field
- raising awareness of physics among future physicists
- facilitating communication with the public and those making funding and policy decisions
To unleash the full potential of physics and physicists for the benefit of Canada
- to provide a forum for physicists to meet and discuss physics
- to increase the visibility of Canadian Physics, and raise the profile of Canadian Physicists, in Canada and abroad
- to provide a united voice for physicists on the national scene and to speak out on science policy and funding issues
- to raise public awareness to the significance of physics for the well-being of our country
- to encourage young Canadians, both men and women, to study physics