The CAP, directly or through its Divisions or the CAP Foundation, presents and sponsors congresses, conferences, and public lectures to promote and share physics research and to provide opportunities for professional networking:
- The CAP Congress is the principal general physics conference in Canada. The program includes presentations about the latest research across the broad spectrum of physics sub-disciplines, physics education workshops, professional recognition and awards, association business, networking opportunities and reports on the latest matters of science policy and funding. Information is available on the upcoming CAP Congress, past CAP Congresses, and Future CAP Congresses.
- The Herzberg Memorial Public Lecture is an annual public lecture, held in conjunction with the CAP Congress, developed to increase the awareness and appreciation of science among the public.
- Theory Canada is a satellite conference of the CAP, coordinated and presented by the CAP Division of Theoretical Physics.
- The Canadian-American-Mexican (CAM) Graduate Student Physics Conference is a joint meeting of the Canadian, American and Mexican Physical Societies held every two years focusing on and providing a forum for presentation of graduate student research and for graduate student networking.
- The Canadian Undergraduate Physics Conference (CUPC) is an annual event organized by and for Canadian Undergraduate Physics Students.
- The Canadian Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physics (CCUWiP) is a three-day national conference for undergraduate students studying physics or related majors
- Other CAP Sponsored conferences include division specific events and other student conferences supported by the CAP.
- Our listing of Congresses and Conferences provides an up to date registry of industry conferences and congresses.