This page will be updated as more information becomes available.
Symposium Day is Tuesday, June 8, 2021 and we can’t wait!
Symposium Day are thematically cohesive mini-conferences organized by our various Divisions.
We have scheduled 7 Symposia this year in addition to the co-hosted Magnetic North Conference which is running under the CAP Congress banner.
- Cosmology; A celebration of the Nobel Prize of James Peebles (DTP)
- Impactful Advances in Biological and Medical Physics (DPMB)
- Low temperature plasmas / Fusion plasmas (magnetic and inertial confinement) / Laser plasmas / Basic plasmas (DPP)
- Neutrino Physics & Beyond (PPD)
- Physics for the Next Generation of Sensors and Metrology (NRC)
- Private Sector Physics (DAPI/Prof.Affairs)
- Quantum Machine Learning (DTP)
Co-Hosted Conference – Magnetic North
Private Sector Physicists Symposium:
- Dr. Daniel Cluff, CAP Director of Professional Affairs
- Mr. Steffon Luoma, Chair, CAP Division of Applied Physics and Instrumentation
- Dr. Ian D’Souza, CAP Director, Private Sector Physics
What the Symposium will look like:
Presentations by invited speakers from the private sector will provide an insight into the careers of physicists working outside academia.
A panel discussion, comprised of private sector physicists and panelists with a specialization in career pathways, follows the lectures.
The session is concluded with a vibrant question, answer and discussion session that has been found to be both informative and enlightening in past symposia.
Young physicists, or those interested in a possible career change, are encouraged to attend this interactive symposium.