The annual CCUWiP is a national conference for undergraduate students studying physics or related majors. The CCUWiP’s goal is to encourage undergraduate women to pursue their physics education by providing them with the opportunity to experience a professional conference, gather information about graduate school and professions in physics, and to network with other women in physics of all ages with whom they can share experiences, advice, and ideas.
Through a collaboration between the CAP and the APS, the CCUWiP (Canadian) conference and the CUWiP (American) conferences are held at the same time and share a keynote speaker selected by an organizing committee comprised of representatives from each of the conference sites. For more information about the US-based conferences, please visit the APS CUWiP website.
Date: January 17-19, 2020
Location: University of Toronto
Co-Chairs: Clara Chung, Emily Knuckey, and Kaitlyn Liang
Previous CCUWiP locations:
- 2019 – University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
- 2018 – Queens University, Kingston, ON
- 2017 – McMaster University, Hamilton, ON
- 2016 – Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS (instagram photos)
- 2015 – Université Laval, Quebec, QC
- 2014 – McGill University, Montreal QC