Driving directions and campus maps – http://www.sfu.ca/parking/maps-and-directions.html
To find your way around campus, please download the SFU Snap app: http://www.sfu.ca/apps.html
Public Transit – www.translink.ca
- Use your Visa card (single fare), or buy a Compass Card ($6.00) and pre-pay (stored value)
- Order a Compass Card online (may take up to 7 business days to arrive)
- Fares depend on the number of zones in which you travel on each trip
- An all-bus trip is only 1 zone
- For transit schedules, download the Transit App on your mobile device.
|Type||1 Zone||2 Zone||3 Zone|
- To reach SFU Burnaby from Vancouver International Airport (YVR), you can take the Canada Line to Waterfront Station, then catch the 95 SFU B-line to SFU. See a sample translink itinerary here.
- Three car sharing companies have partnered with SFU Parking and Sustainable Mobility to bring their vehicles to SFU’s Burnaby campus: ZipCar, EVO, and Modo.
- ZipCar is located in the West Parkade, in the Upper Level of East Parking, and in the Residence Main lot.
- Evo has reserved stalls in the West Parkade, and in the Upper Level of East Parking; Evo overflow parking is designated to the rooftop level of the West Parkade, and to the lower levels of the East Parking Lot.
- Modo is located in the Residence Main Lot.
Parking – http://www.sfu.ca/parking/visitors.html
- There is no free parking on the SFU Burnaby Campus; vehicles not displaying a valid SFU parking permit must pay the daily parking rate either at the ticket vending machine, or through the Passport Canada mobile app.
- There are a number of surface visitor parking lots and parkades located on the Burnaby campus. Please check the Rates and Refunds section for daily rates; maps and directions can be found here.
- Those parking on campus are responsible for abiding by the Parking Regulations; Parking and Sustainable Mobility Services both tickets and impounds vehicles found to be parked in violation.
- SPECIAL PARKING RATES (CODE NEEDED)
At any of the Parking Meters in North Parking, East Parking, or the West or Central Parkades, 1. Meters are Pay By Plate, please remember your License Plate; 2. Enter License Plate, please ensure that plate is entered correctly, and any 0s are entered as Zero. 3. At the Rate screen, select option: Event Rate 4. When prompted for a Coupon Code, enter code 407, then press Enter. 5. Discounted parking will be offered, $6.50 valid for all day parking. 6. No need to display receipt.
SFU alternative transportation page – http://www.sfu.ca/parking/alternative-transportation.html.
- Includes information on transit, car sharing, carpooling and ridesharing, electric vehicles, cycling, and walking