The CAP Committee to Encourage Women in Physics (CEWIP) was initiated in 1983 by Professors Jim Megaw and Jim Prentice, who noticed that women were dramatically under-represented in the physics community. This is no less an issue today, for while there have been large shifts in representation of women in fields such as medicine, there are still very few women choosing physics for a career.
- organizing panel discussions at the CAP annual congress on programs that encourage female physicists in Canada, the USA and Mexico
- contributing articles to Physics in Canada on female physicists in Canada
- proposing female speakers for the CAP Lecture Tour and the CAP Congress plenary talks
- producing a Directory of Women in Physics in Canada
- holding a session at the CAP annual congress
- organizing and coordinating delegations to attend conferences for women in physics
University of Windsor