Le texte français sera disponible sous peu
The deadline for nominations will be determined by the Chair of the Awards and Nominations Committee and the CAP Executive Director each year. Normally the nomination and selection cycle will be set such that selected nominees may be presented with their FCAP award at the Recognition Dinner held at the CAP Annual Congress.
Any CAP member in good standing may nominate a CAP member who meets the eligibility criteria for an FCAP Award. Nominations are confidential to the CAP. Each nomination file is valid for three (3) years, but must, on an annual basis, be reviewed, and if appropriate updated (e.g. c.v.), to remain active.
Nomination packages may be submitted in either English or French. Anyone who needs assistance in submitting a nomination can contact the CAP office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the Selection Committee to evaluate an individual’s nomination, the nominator should provide the following information:
- The FCAP Nominator’s letter. The letter is to be written in no smaller than 11 pt font and is no more than two (2) pages in length. This letter clarifies how the nominee meets the eligibility criteria in more than one of the four FCAP contribution categories:
- Service to the CAP or the Canadian Physics community
- Contributions to Physics-related Research and Development while working in Canada
- Contributions to the professional practice of physics, applied and private sector physics
- Contributions to physics outreach or educational activities and/or mentorship, particularly training of physics HQP.
- An informal Curriculum Vitae of the nominee that is written in no smaller than 11 pt font and is no more than eight (8) pages in length. It should specifically highlight the details of the nominee’s background that demonstrate how the nominee satisfies the eligibility criteria and contribution categories that are the basis for the nomination.
- Letters of Support and Recommendation. At least one (and no more than two) letters of support are required in addition to the letter from the nominator. Each letter is to be written in no smaller than 11 pt font and must not exceed two (2) pages each. These letters make the arguments as to why the nominee merits consideration as an FCAP under the FCAP contribution categories identified by the nominator. Nominators are encouraged to solicit reference letters to provide a diverse range of perspectives, such as but not to be limited to, different career levels (e.g., supervisors, colleagues, collaborators, students).
At the time of submitting the nomination package, the nominator will be asked to specifically indicate the 2 or more contribution categories they have identified for the nominee as well as how the nominee meets the membership eligibility criteria (see eligibility requirements for more information; if unsure you can contact email@example.com to verify).
If they wish, a nominator may open a nomination file and upload material as it becomes available, returning later to submit remaining documentation. It is the responsibility of the nominator to ensure that they submit all documentation required by the stated deadline and validate that the nomination package is complete. For any nomination file that was opened but not completed by the deadline, or has some other identified deficiency, the CAP office will contact the nominator and provide them with five (5) business days in which to finalize their nomination package. If the requested information is not provided, incomplete or not in adherence to the requirements, the nomination will not be taken into consideration.
Once the nominator has submitted all of the documentation required and the file has been validated by the nominator as complete, the CAP Office will verify that the nominee meets the membership eligibility requirement and the FCAP Oversight Committee will verify that the nominee meets the 10 year physics experience requirement. The nominator will either be notified that the nominee has not met these requirements, or they will receive confirmation that the nomination will be submitted to the FCAP Selection Committee.
After evaluation, if a nominee is slated to receive the FCAP Award, both the nominator and the nominee will be notified by the CAP. The nominee will be asked to confirm their willingness to accept the Award (the letter will include date/time of recognition event) and will be asked to provide a short Bio and a recent photograph. If the nominee is not selected to receive an FCAP, only the nominator will be notified.