Led by physicists, for physicists,
The CAP is the voice of physics and physics research in Canada.
Since 1945, the CAP has been working to promote achievements in Canadian physics research, the value and contributions of physics and the physics profession for Canada, and to pursue scientific, educational, public policy and communication initiatives that enhance the vitality and funding of applied physics and physics research and education in Canada.
The CAP offers the opportunity to join the Association under a variety of individual and group categories, including:
- Regular Membership
- High-school/CEGEP/College Teacher Membership
- Graduate Student Membership
- Undergraduate Student Affiliateship
- Departmental Membership
- Institutional Membership
- Corporate Membership
- Sustaining membership
Members and affiliates enjoy a suite of benefits that support their informational, professional, educational, networking, and career development. In addition, members receive substantial discounts for the annual CAP Congress and for joint memberships with other organizations. Members can also take advantage of special membership rates negotiated with national equipment and insurance suppliers.
Join the growing network of over 1700 of your peers today. More information is available by clicking on the links above.
CAP Code of Ethics (adopted June 1994)
Every member shall:
- Act in a manner worthy of the honour and interests of the physics profession and of the objectives of the CAP;
- Safeguard at all times the public interest in matters of safety, health or otherwise; and,
- Exercise professional skill and judgement to the best of his, or her, ability and discharge professional responsibilities with integrity.