A call for speaker nomination was issued on November 18th, 2020 , for submission to the CAP Office by Friday 11th December. Then, a list of potential speakers will be developed. Once the speakers are confirmed, the lecture dates are finalized and posted on the website. To meet the tour’s objective of enhancing the visibility of the CAP and of promoting student memberships, it is essential that all speakers be willing to act as ambassadors for the association. A brief set of slides introducing the CAP and the Lecture Tour sponsors will be provided to each speaker for presentation during the introduction to the lecture. Host universities, who must be CAP departmental members to participate in the tour, are requested to promote the lecture as a joint CAP-university sponsored special event.
All tour plans and associated budgets will be developed and managed by the Regional Coordinators. CAP departmental members seeking to host a CAP lecture in 2021 should contact their Regional Coordinator to make arrangements. Ideally, speakers will visit two or three institutions in one trip to keep overall costs at a reasonable level. To ensure that a broad range of speakers can participate in the tour, the maximum number of talks that will be supported for any individual speaker is five.
The planning milestones for the 2021 CAP Lecture Tour are as follows:
- November 18: Call to CAP members for speaker nominations (full name, affiliation, e-mail, short bio, presentation title and abstract required to be submitted on provided excel sheet)
- December 11: Deadline for speaker nominations
- December 18: List of speakers and abstracts available on the Web. Invitation to CAP member departments to view the speaker list and submit the students’ top 3 choices to Regional Coordinators
- January 14: Deadline for CAP member departments to submit the students’ top 3 choices with available dates and times to Regional Coordinators
- January 19: National Coordinator confirms accepted speaker schedules
- January 22-26: Regional Coordinators send invitations to speakers
- February 2: Deadline for speakers to confirm their participation
- February 05: Lecture dates are posted on the website when finalized
- February – April: The CAP Lecture Tour takes place at participating departments