Know a worthy candidate for this award? See below for nomination criteria and procedure. Ready to nominate? Click here to go to the medal nomination system.
The objective of this award is to recognize research excellence in the fields of theoretical and mathematical physics.
The award is not limited to CAP members but the candidates’ research should have been done in Canada or in affiliation with a Canadian organization. In 1995, the Centre de recherches mathématiques (CRM) and the Canadian Association of Physicists (CAP) created, on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the CAP, a joint annual prize in recognition of exceptional achievements in theoretical and mathematical physics.
Dr. Ariel Zhitnitsky
University of British Columbia
The next medal will be awarded in 2019. The deadline for nominations is November 30, 2018.
- The nominator must be a member in good standing of the CAP or a Council/CRM-approved Canadian professional science society (see list below) in order to be eligible to submit a nomihttps://awards.cap.ca/medal/login.phpnation.
- There is no restriction with respect to society membership for nominees; however, the nominee must have spent the major part (i.e. more than one-half) of his/her working career in Canada or must have made a major contribution to mathematical physics after returning to a permanent position in Canada.
Council/CRM-approved Canadian professional science society for nominators
The nominator must belong to one of the following societies to be eligble to submit a nomination for the CAP-CRM Prize in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics:
- Canadian Applied and Industrial Mathematics Society
- Canadian Association of Physicists
- Canadian Astronomical Society
- Canadian Geophysical Union
- Canadian Mathematical Society
- Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
- Canadian Organization for Medical Physicists
- Canadian Society for Chemistry