The nomination must be submitted using the CAP’s online nomination submission process. CAP members can submit nominations by logging in to member services from www.cap.ca or crm.cap.ca and selecting “Medal/Scholarship System” under the heading CAP Services. Supporting documents must be submitted as PDF files.
The outputs from scientific research are many and varied, including research articles reporting new knowledge, data, reagents, and software; intellectual property; and highly trained young scientists. Nomination packages should document the impact and quality of the candidate’s research, scholarship and/or innovation.
A complete application consists of:
- The nomination form, and a supporting letter from the nominator.
- A curriculum vitae for the nominee of 20 pages maximum, including a list of awards, grants, and other evidence of significant impact on the field. Should the c.v. include a list of publications, the focus should be on the scientific content of the published papers, thereby strengthening the nomination by providing more than simply the publication metrics or the identity of the journals in which they are published.
- A short summary (one page or less) of the candidate’s significant contributions in theoretical or mathematical physics.
- Three letters from referees with recognized expertise in the candidate’s field. Letters should particularly address the quality, originality, and significance of the candidate’s work.
- A short description (2 pages or less) of the significance and impact of up to five (5) important contributions by the nominee related to the work for which they are being nominated.
- A citation of 300 words or less suitable for publication if the nominee is selected as the medal recipient, starting with a paragraph of 25-50 words explaining the reason why the candidate was selected which can be used in the CAP’s announcement of winners. NOTE: The citation must be submitted in plain text format using cut and paste into the online nomination form.
- A photograph of the nominee (this can be a low resolution photograph, which may be retrievable from the nominee’s worksite. Nominee will be asked for a high resolution photo if selected as medal recipient). Please note that this is not required in order to complete the file, but will speed up the release of the medal winner announcements. If provided, the photograph will NOT be included in the nomination package sent to the medal selection committee for review.
Nominations are valid for three (3) nomination cycles only.
The selection of the winner of the CAP-CRM Prize will be made by a committee struck by the CAP and CRM. The winner will be asked to give a plenary talk at the upcoming annual Congress of the CAP.
The CAP-CRM Prize medal and cash award will be presented by the President of the CAP during its annual Congress.