The nomination must be submitted using the CAP’s online nomination submission process. Nominators who are not CAP members or who have not submitted an abstract at a CAP Congress since 2004 will have to request a username and password to access the nomination form. Other than the nomination form and citation, supporting documentation must be submitted as Word or PDF files.
A complete application consists of:
- The online nomination form, and a supporting letter from the nominator.
- A curriculum vitae for the nominee of 20 pages maximum, including a list of publications. Only refereed journal publications and books should be included, along with awards, grants, and other evidence of exceptional impact on the field. It should not contain routine information on service on university committees and other similar commitments.
- A short summary (one page or less) of the candidate’s major contributions to subatomicl physics.
- Three letters from referees with recognized expertise in the candidate’s field. Letters should particularly address the quality, originality, and significance of the candidate’s work, as shown by citations and other such evidence of impact.
- A short description of the significance and impact of up to five (5) important papers, similar to those contained in the NSERC Form 100.
- A citation of 300 words or less suitable for publication if the nominee is selected as the medal recipient (submitted in plain text format using cut and paste into the online nomination form).
- A photograph of the nominee (this can be a low resolution photograph, which may be retrievable from the nominee’s worksite. Nominee will be asked for a high resolution photo if selected as medal recipient). Please note that this is not required in order to complete the file but will speed up the release of the medal winner announcements.
Nominations are valid for three (3) nomination cycles only.
The selection of the winner of the CAP-TRIUMF Vogt Medal will be made by a committee struck by the CAP-TRIUMF for this medal. The winner will be asked to give a plenary talk at the upcoming annual Congress of the CAP.
The CAP-TRIUMF Vogt Medal will be presented by the President of the CAP during its annual Congress.