Know a worthy candidate for one of these medals/awards? See below for nomination criteria and procedure. Ready to nominate? Click here to go to the medal/award nomination system.
HS/CEGEP PHYSICS STUDENTS
The CAP offers the following awards that recognize physics achievements at the HS/CEGEP level:
- Award for Excellence in Teaching High School/CEGEP Physics
- CAP Prizes at the annual Canada-Wide Science Fair.
High school/CEGEP students and their parents are also encouraged to nominate deserving physics teachers for the CAP’s Award for Exellence in Teaching High School/CEGEP Physics
UNDERGRADUATE/GRADUATE PHYSICS STUDENTS
The CAP offers several awards that recognize excellence in physics knowledge and research for university undergraduate and graduate students. Click on the links below to find out more.
- CAP Best Student Paper Awards
- Lloyd G. Elliot University Prize Exam
- Allan Carswell Physics Educator Scholarship
- Boris P. Stoicheff Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Eric C. Svensson Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- DAMOPC PhD Thesis Prize
- DCMMP PhD Thesis Award Competition
- DNP PhD Thesis Prize
- DPP Plasmonique Prize
- DTP/WITP PhD Thesis Prize
- PPD PhD Thesis Award
University undergraduate/graduate students are also encouraged to nominate teachers and instructors for CAP’s annual teaching awards.
- Medal for Excellence in Undergraduate Physics Teaching
- Award for Exellence in Teaching High School/CEGEP Physics