For licensed holders of the titles P. Phys. and phys.
In addition to and more specifically than the CAP Code of Ethics, licensed holders of the titles P.Phys. and phys. shall also:
- offer services, advise on or undertake physics assignments only in areas of their competence and practice in a careful and diligent manner;
- keep themselves informed in order to maintain their competence, strive to advance the body of knowledge within which they practice, and provide opportunities for the professional development of their subordinates;
- where possible, avoid conflicts of interest, and where this is not possible, recognize such conflicts and disclose them immediately;
- conduct themselves with equity, fairness, honesty, conscientiousness, courtesy and good faith towards clients, employers, colleagues and others, give credit where it is due, and accept, as well as give, honest and fair professional criticism;
- present clearly to employers and clients the possible consequences if physics-related decisions or judgements are overruled or disregarded;
- report to their association or other appropriate agencies any illegal or unethical physics-related decisions or practices by physicists or others;
- treat fairly and justly and promote, to the best of their ability, the fair and just treatment of all clients, colleagues and coworkers, regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental ability, marital or family status and national origin.