Are you interested in having a more active voice in the affairs of the CAP? We are looking for members at all stages of their career to help provide direction and oversight of the CAP as we roll out our new strategic plan and member service initiatives.
The CAP invites you to volunteer, or to nominate someone, to fill one of the positions available on the CAP Board, and Advisory Council starting in June 2019. We are also asking you to contact us if you are interested in serving on one of our many Board or Operating Committees. There are two Advisory Council meetings per year (one at Congress and one in the Fall in Ottawa), with all other business conducted via e-mail or teleconference. The Board has one additional meeting in Ottawa in the Spring and holds teleconference calls as needed throughout the year.
The list of all positions to be filled on the Board or Advisory Council appears below. Information on each of the positions and the required nomination form can be found at https://www.cap.ca/publications/cap-news/201920-board-council-positions-open-call-nominations/. Regional Councillors must reside in the district they represent.
CAP Board of Directors positions to be filled by election – June 2019:
- Vice-President Elect (4-year progression through Presidential line: 2019-2023)
- Director of Communications (3-year term; 2019-2022)
- Director of Student Affairs (3-year term; 2019-2022)
- Director of Industrial Affairs (3-year term; 2019-2022)
- Director of Member & Affiliate Services (2-year term; 2019-2021)
- Secretary-Treasurer (3-year term; 2019-2022)
Advisory Council positions to be filled by election or acclamation – June 2019:
- Undergraduate Student Representative (2-year term; 2019-2021)
Appointed Positions to be filled as needed
- Regional Advisory Council Representatives
The CAP has a number of operating committees. If you might be interested in serving on any of these committees when a vacancy occurs, please send a message to Francine Ford, CAP Executive Director, at email@example.com.
- Governance Committee
- Finance / Audit / HR Committee
- Nominations and Awards Committee
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
CAP or Director Operating Committees
- Committee to Encourage Women in Physics members
- CAP/NSERC Liaison Committee members
- Canadian National IUPAP Liaison Committee members
- Science Policy Committee members
- Professional Affairs Committee members
- Professional Certification Committee members
- Communication Committee members
- Student Affairs Committee members
- Membership Committee members
Nominations for the Undergraduate Student Representative can be submitted by undergraduate student affiliates only. Every Full Member of the CAP has the right to make nominations for all remaining Board and Advisory Council vacancies. Nominations, signed by two Full Members (or two student affiliates in the case of the undergraduate representative position) and by the nominee, should be submitted to the CAP Membership Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. using the required form. Nomination Forms are available at https://www.cap.ca/about-us/cap-leadership/call-nominations-2019-2020/.
If you have any questions, please contact me at
Dr. Stephen Pistorius, P.Phys.
Past president & Chair, CAP Nominations Committee